Friday, March 18, 2011

Introduction

I am going to take a 34 year old Japanese motorcycle; tear it apart, repaint, refurbish, replace, and rebuild it. The journey will an incredible challenge, however, I will take each day one at a time and try to enjoy every minute of it. It is my hope that the end of this adventure will result in my bike fully operational and ready to ride. I am optimistically giving myself a 20% chance of success on this project, however, I am eagerly looking forward to the challenge and reward that might be waiting for me at the end.

This blog will serve three purposes:
1. To document my work.
2. To share my work with friends and family.
3. To serve as a therapeutic reflection that will allow me to examine what has been done, what needs to be done, and motivate me to continue.

My goals:
1. To have fun, learn about my bike, and each day, take a step forward to completing the project.
2. To restore my bike to a level of fidelity that would allow me to ride across the country.
3. To restore my bike without breaking the bank or consuming my life.
4. To do as much of the restoration as I can without outside help.
5. To blog the entire process!

It is my intention to photo document every step, piece, process, part, victory, and failure in this blog. As far as organisation goes, I doubt this blog will be updated daily, so I may make each "event" or "stage" of the build a separate blog entry. So stick around and check in when you like; at the very least you will get to see a 34 year old motorcycle in pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment