Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wheels, brakes, handle bars, and engine love.

Lots of work done today. I took the leap and removed the front and rear wheels. This was a daunting task for me because of the brakes. The book was clear and the work was simple. I got to inspect the rims and I am happy to report that I saw no rust on them! The brake pads are rotten, so I will be ordering a new set, $33 bucks off the interwebz for all 3 brakes for a 33 year old bike is a great deal. The enclosed drive was also a big concern for me, I really was afraid to see what condition the teeth were in; fortunately, they are well within spec according to the manual.

I also took the opportunity to replace my handlebars, it was really easy and took perhaps 15 mins total. I love the new look! I also installed my timing belts and made sure the engine was ready for my new solenoid that should arrive tomorrow. Hopefully, I can get the engine to run.





No comments:

Post a Comment